Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hey, Look! I'm on Cake Wrecks!

Well, a photo of mine is, anyway. And I've been grinning non-stop about contributing a wreck to the gallery of cakes over there! (Is it weird that I am so amused by this? No? Oh, good!)


I was out shopping a few days before Father's Day and spotted some disturbing cupcakes that made me immediately think of Cake Wrecks.

At first glance, it just looked like an innocent 6-pack of chocolatey Father's Day cupcakes, decorated in festive blues & greens....

Hey, look! Chocolate cupcakes!

...but on second glance, they looked like 6 festive little piles of crap! Literally!

Ewww!

The coiled, glistening freshness of each mound was so disturbing that I half expected to see steam rising from each and flies buzzing around under the plastic dome.

Father's Day Steamers for that very special someone.

I hate to admit it, but these crapcakes were from my beloved Target store. They do so many things right over there that I can overlook this one small misstep. (But Target bakers, if you are listening, you might want to consider applying the chocolate frosting with a slightly different technique next time!)

I suppose these cupcakes could be exactly what some people are looking for on Father's Day. Like if your dad is a dairy farmer. Or... a septic tank cleaner! Or if he sucks.

*****

If you aren't familiar with the Cake Wrecks site, you really need to go check it out; it's a very funny place featuring professionally decorated cakes that are -- you guessed it -- wrecks! They might be funny, misspelled, distorted, ugly, silly, or just plain strange. You'll love it.

3 comments:

Penny L. Richards said...

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

You got a picture on CakeWrecks! Awesome! And it's a really funny one, too. Jujyfruit ftw.

CAPTCHA: "Broys." Hmmm....

Jujyfruit said...

Penny - I knew I was excited, but love hearing that you are, too!

Btw, I confess I actually had to look up "ftw." I may have a picture on CakeWrecks, but I'm no Penny L. Richards; I'm the one who's not worthy! Heh.

MyrtleHernandez said...

very nice cakes...I'm a cake lover and I want to try your cakes..
Log Home Plans
Log Cabin Home Plans
Seattle Home
Alaska Salmon Fishing