Sunday, April 20, 2008

Jujy & The Fruits of My Loom

I am Jujyfruit. I am a middle-aged SAHM, although I am extremely reluctant to define myself that way. I have 3 kids, 2 cars, and 1 husband. I have been changing diapers and doing the mom thing for 12 years now. I am experiencing life with all three kids in school for the first time this year. I always thought I would be back at work by now. I'm realizing that's a problem, because I don't know what I want to do when I grow up. I love words, puzzles, creative projects, and laughing; this blog is my attempt at combining those things. I also love reading other blogs (& books), stumbling across entertaining websites, and bargain-hunting IRL; those things will probably show up in here, too.

My husband, Pop, and I have been married for 18 years. He is mildly amused by my blogging foray, as long as I don't embarrass him too much. (Truthfully, I think he's actually more worried that I will embarrass myself.)
Tootsie is my 11-year-old daughter. She is a loving, tender-hearted, responsible kid, who enjoys being in charge of her brothers. And sometimes I even ask her to!
Bubba is my 9-year-old son. He is rather serious & often quiet, with a good mind and a great sense of humor. Sometimes I think he is a weary grown-up stuck in a kid's body.
Junior is my 6-year-old son. He has special needs and makes our lives MORE of everything: more frustrating, more satisfying; more complicated, more simple. He is both incredibly active and non-verbal, a recipe which tends to produce interesting results. You can read more about him here.

(Editor's Note -- All names have been changed to protect the innocent.)


Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a "sweet" family portrait.

Now us -- I see us more as the house of mixed nuts, though how to allocate nutty identities . . .

RST

Kathy said...

This is one of the most interesting "About" pages I've ever read! I'll have to dig around your blog. Thanks for adding me to your Tootsie Roll. Oops. I meant Blog Roll!