Monday, May 18, 2009

I Will Do One Thing Today. And I Mean It!

Wow -- is it already time for another Semi-Monthly Post of Excuses and Empty Promises? Boy, time sure flies when you're having fun comatose!

I really think things will be different now, because I have something new that is going to free me from the bonds of inaction, give shape to my days, jump-start my ambition, change the very nature of my existence!

Look at this note pad:

Isn't that great?*

I got several packs of those "I Will Do One Thing Today" post-it pads as a birthday present from my mom, and I think they are just the ticket to get me going!

What? Well, uhm, yes. You're right, actually, and I'm really so flattered that you remember. My birthday is, indeed, in *cough* March. How kind of you to point that out.

But back to what I was saying. These post-its are perfect: motivating, yet realistic. I think they will be extremely helpful to me. And today's the day -- I'm opening the package!

OK! Here I go!


There! I did it! I'm taking action! I'm setting goals! Say hello to the new me!!

Oh, wait. Crap. That probably doesn't really count. Let me try again.

Ok, I know. Here's a good one!

Hmm. Does that actually count? I mean, can the One Thing I Do actually be something that I DON'T do? I'm going to have to think about that for a minute.

Upon further consideration, I have decided that I should only write things To Actually Do (as opposed to Not Do) on my To Do list blank. So I wrote a new goal. Here it is:


So now here's my question -- Does THIS post count??

----

*Check out some other pretty bitter products they offer, like these Sentimental Journey cards, or these gift tags, or --Yikes!-- these Dirty Doilies.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, the best time to eat a cookie is breakfast. And those monster cookies (we make Lorna's recipe too) are really quite complete! Oatmeal, peanut butter, raisins (I always add those), eggs... chocolate... Yumm. See, so nutritious. But don't tell my kids.
Trinda

Jujyfruit said...

Trinda, I like the way you think! :) You are cordially invited to brunch tomorrow morning. I will be serving snickerdoodles and REAL coffee...as soon as all our kids go outside to play. (If we each take a vitamin on the side, it's not really all that different from the Lucky Charms I plan on serving the kids, right?) heh.