Friday, August 28, 2009

Yearbook Yourself

In case you've been wondering, even though my last post said I was "going back to bed" I haven't actually been sleeping this whole entire time.

I probably could have. (I probably should have.)

But, no, little sleeping has occurred. Instead, I've been working. Working and working and working. I'd post evidence but I'm too tired. (From all that working.)

Instead, let me just sit here and relax while I entertain you with photos of me from yearbooks past.

1952
The love child of Carol Burnett and Lily Tomlin, perhaps? I'm quite liking the dark hair on me. Or perhaps it is the 20-pounds-lighter face shape I am enjoying. I'm not sure.

*****
19601960 was a fine year for me, too. Although, getting my limp hair to do *that* on a daily basis would have been quite a challenge! (Not to mention the whole tiny waist & big pointy bosom thing.) I think my aunt might have this exact same photo in her actual yearbook. Or one that's eerily similar, anyway.

*****
1962That ultra-feminine, be-ribboned updo is fooling no one.

*****
1966Jujyfruit as That Girl.

*****
1968My cousin, Hannah!

*****
1970
And a slightly more distant cousin.

*****
1974
Add braces and pimples and a skinny tie -- it's 8th grade all over again.

*****
1978
I smell Breck shampoo.

*****
1984
I smell prom.

*****
1986
Amy, is that you? Or is it me? I'm confused!
*****

1988
My MOM! (Her sweater was greenish. Remember?)

*****
1990
I had this hair, minus the side wisp. (And my friend had those glasses.)

See?? Actual 1990! (just oddly missing some curl on the side)

*****
1992
The long nails help me remember this is not my real senior picture.

*****
1998
If I could have gotten the left side of my own hair to swoop up as high as this, I probably would have.

*****
2000
This one stumps me. Long, straight hair? Off-the-shoulder top? Totally unfamiliar. (Except for that one Halloween...)

I sorta feel like I should go dig through boxes and scan in some more old photos to document the evidence behind my comments. But that just sounds like more work.

Instead, I'm just going to give you a link so you can go Yearbook Yourself, too. It's fun!

No comments: