Monday, April 28, 2008

Signs of Spring

This past winter brought record amounts of snow and bone-chilling lows to our neck of the woods. We were all getting a little sick of being stuck inside the house, frankly, and are thrilled that spring has finally sprung!

It's as if our moods are linked directly to the thermometer; they both rise in perfect correlation. The kids are downright giddy to feel warm air on their skin and green grass beneath their feet, while playing with friends in the backyard. (And I'm quite enjoying it, myself!)

Red Buds are blooming.

Branches are leafing out.

Ferns are unfurling.

There is another side to spring that isn't quite as photogenic, however. Like the yard, suddenly bursting forth with balls, and bats, and bikes, and lone, forgotten shoes...

...or the little blooms of crimson, popping up on knees and elbows...

...or the billowing fields of Kleenex, stretching as far as the eye can see.

This particular pile is mine, created while I took photos for this post. Yeah, gross, I know. The combined effects of Zyrtec, Sudafed, and Afrin have made me feel a bit too foggy and weary to deposit each one individually in the trash can all the way over there. So now I must go; I have some cleaning up to do. Then I think I'll lay down for a bit. Right after I pop over to e-trades to buy online shares of Kleenex stock. (I just can't quit you, Spring!) *sniff*

Posted by Picasa

No comments: