Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Google Named Yahoo!

So if you have kids between the ages of 5-12, you probably know that yesterday was the official Webkinz Extravaganza! Our local giftshop was offering a Buy-One-Get-One Webkinz sale, so Tootsie took her babysitting money downtown to buy a new one. She chose a Google Lil' Kinz (which is supposed to be a platypus), one of the more...uh, abstract critters. Then she announced she was naming him "Yahoo!", which was pretty clever since he is a "Google". My amusement continued to grow, however, with the following conversation:

Tootsie: Does Yahoo look like a boy or a girl to you?

Me: Well....

Tootsie: 'Cause for some reason, I just think of him as a boy!

Me: Really? (trying not to giggle...or wince as she strokes it)

Tootsie: Yeah, I don't know why. What do you think he looks like? Girl or boy?

Me: Uhm.....yeah...I'm gonna go with boy...

When I started this blog, I told myself I would try not to put anything too embarrassing to anyone in here. So....well....moving right along...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: